I’m Nancy, owner and managing director of The Memoriter Writing Service, a professional and duly registered writing services business based in Cebu, Philippines, which assists individuals, private companies, non-government organizations, and government agencies in their needs for various written communications.
My shelves both at home and in the office are stacked and overflowing with books. I have so far read only half of them. (And I’m still buying more books!)
As a blogger, I am maintaining this humble corner of the online landscape. It’s called she who scrivens got a swamper, which refers to Seshat, goddess of writing, who is described as she who scrivens or she who is a scribe, and to me, as her general assistant/aide (that is, in my imagination). On this blog, I’ll share with you the following:
- My personal essays on just about anything
- Thoughts on short stories by Filipino and non-Filipino writers, especially those with gothic or realistic or social development themes
- Interesting information on Philippine folklore (including folktales, beliefs and superstitions)
- Explorations into the folklore of other countries
I occasionally contribute my essays to:
I am currently working on a romantic novel (tentative title and cover):
I volunteer for the initiatives of:
- Cebu Book Club
- Best Cebu Blog Awards
- National Nutrition Council VII-MIND VII
- Mandaue Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Cebu Bloggers Society
- Cebu Association of Communication Educators
I am a part-time instructor at St. Theresa’s College-Cebu. I also accept invitations to speak to and share with other college students my experiences in writing, blogging, corporate communications, and journalism.
Over the years, I have been recognized for the following:
- Best News Writing – Cebu Archdiocesan Mass Media Awards (CAMMA) (2009)
- Blogger of the Year – Globe Cebu Media Excellence Awards (2012)
- Top 9 Finalist Nationwide – Gadgets Magazine’s Good Blog Awards (2012)
- Blogger of the Year – Globe Cebu Media Excellence Awards (2013)
- Best Institutional Website (www.rafi.org.ph) – CAMMA (2013)
But I will always be a writer. Just a writer. That’s more than enough for me.